Who may become a member of the Employees Union?
The Union welcomes EUI active staff members, faculty, research associates and pensioners.
“Any active or retired staff member as well as any member of the teaching staff of the Institute may seek admission to the union. No one may simultaneously be a member of the Union and of another trade union or professional organisation of European or international officials.” (Sec. IV, par. 1, Union Statute)
How do I join the Union?
- Fill out the Membership form (in English or in Italian),
- Fill out the Privacy form (only in Italian)
- Send both forms with a copy of your ID card to [email protected].
- Pay the membership fee via a bank transfer to:
Union syndicale – IUE – Florence
IBAN: IT 22 P 08425 02804 000031268782
BIC/SWIFT : CRACIT33
How much are the annual membership dues?
- Contract agents (all): € 52
- AST1 to AST5: € 62
- AST6 to AST11: € 83
- ADM (all): € 93
- Faculty: € 93
- Research Associate: € 52
- Pensioners: 50% of the quota corresponding to the grade at the time of retirement.
The deadline for payment of membership fees to renew a subscription is 30 June each year.
‘New Union Members Welcome Scheme’
This scheme applies to the first year of a new Union member subscription.
The Welcome scheme fees are proportionally reduced based on the ‘normal’ fees listed above, and should also be paid at one time. No proportional discounted rates are applied to renewals of membership.
- 100% for new subscriptions till 31 March
- 75% for new subscriptions from 1 April to 30 June;
- 50% for new subscriptions from 1 July to 30 September;
- 25% for new subscriptions from 1 October to 31 December.
Retired staff already enjoy discounted fees, but for all new Union members who are retired staff, the welcome scheme discount will be added to the foreseen 50% discount.