Our Services and Activities
For all issues relating to the Staff Regulations, every member of the Union can have the benefit of information from the Union’s legal channels.
In case of need, the Executive Board may grant legal assistance, deciding case by case on the nature and extent of such assistance.
The network of remote legal advice set up by the USF Brussels provides access to consultation with specialised lawyers.
Regarding charges for the consultation, contact us.
For questions regarding private life, assistance from US-IUE is limited to initial advice or guidance given by a lawyer.
Advice on the Staff Regulations
The US-IUE Florence is at the disposal of to provide advice and information to Union members on numerous matters regulated by the implementing provisions of Staff Rules.
If you have questions concerning your rights, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Help on Health Insurance
The Union is represented on the Sickness Insurance Management Committee, which was created to streamline the procedures related to the Health Insurance Scheme and to make them more transparent.
The Committee is called upon to deliver opinions on a number of aspects of health insurance and to propose or recommend to the Appointing Authority any measure necessary for the proper functioning of the scheme.
Information on the State of European Civil Service
Through its affiliation with the Union Syndicale Fédérale, the US-IUE Florence belongs to the great family of European civil service.
The participation of Executive Board members in the meetings of the Federal Committee enables us to inform members about the situation in numerous EU institutions and other European bodies.
All of these services are conducted with the utmost discretion.
EUI Working Groups
US-IUE Florence representatives are members of the following EUI working groups:
- Career Working Group • US-IUE Florence Representatives: Paolo Baglioni and Agnès Brouet – Elena Iorio (observer) (and for the EUI Staff Committee: Natalia Spodenkiewicz)
- Bonus Working Group • US-IUE Florence Representative: tbc
- Staff Assessment and Promotion • US-IUE Florence Representative: tbc
Union Syndical Fédérale (USF) Brussels Working Groups
US-IUE Florence representatives are members of the following USF Brussels working groups:
- Working Group on the reform of the Staff regulation (Statute): Serena Belligoli, Ben Carver, Lotta Svantesson, Ingo Linsenmann
- Working Group on Teleworking (forthcoming): Serena Belligoli, Sarah Bernstein, Fatma Sayed, Lotta Svantesson
- Working Group on Digitalisation and new ways of working in time of COVID-19: Giovanna Rainó